|After reading the following information, complete the "Absence Request Form" online and submit it. |
All reason 4, annual, and personal leave requests must be submitted online 14 days prior to the first day of absence. Sick leave must be submitted before absence, if possible, or promptly upon return to school.
- For Reason 4 requests, a substitute may or may not be required depending on local school arrangements. If a substitute is required, it is the responsibility of the person requesting leave to acquire funds to pay the substitute for all days absent.
- You must fill out multiple forms if more than one person/program is paying for substitute.
- "Confirmation of approval must be received by applicant before expenses are incurred. If expenses are incurred before approval, the expenses will become the responsibility of the applicant."
- Teachers should submit details of registration and expense form to the fund source provider BEFORE requesting absence.
- If funding is NOT needed for substitute, choose "No Substitute - Intra-School Arrangement".
- If your assistant is acting as your substitute, follow the same process as for a regular sub.
- Be sure to complete all required fields ( * ) or form will NOT submit.
- Dates must be entered in correct format (04/08/2012) or form will NOT submit.
- Click here for an online view of requests. Your name will appear in this view with information pertaining to current approval status.
What Happens During the Approval Cycle:
Upon successful submission of the online form, the approval process is set in motion. (Your principal will receive an automated email to alert him you are requesting leave.) Do not reply to any automated emails.
- Your principal approves your request. An email will be sent informing you that your principal approves and your request is pending approval by the appropriate director.
- The department head approves your request. You and your principal will receive an email stating that approval.
- IF your principal denies your request, the process is ended. An email will be sent to you informing you of his/her decision.
- If the department head denies your request, the process is ended. An email will be sent to you and your principal informing you of the director's decision.
If you try to access the Absence Request Form and can not gain entry, do the following:
- Members, re-type your email user name and password in the popup window. (Do NOT put in your whole email address.)
- New personnel, if you cannot access the "Absence Request Form" after attempting to use your email login and password, email the webmaster requesting access. Insert "Absence Access Requested" in the subject line of your email. In the body of your email, give your whole name, position, and location of employment.
Members, when you try to access the Absence Request Form, put your email user name and password in the popup window.